I am inquiring about completing a simple will and how to go…

Customer Question
I am inquiring about...

I am inquiring about completing a simple will and how to go about it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Not at this point in time. Was wanting low cost options that will hold up in a court of law if needed. Thank You :)

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. There are several websites you can turn to that can draft a will for you if you don't want to go the slightly more traditional route of using an attorney.

Where do you find these website and they in Australia?
Can you do a Will directly with the Public trustee in Victoria

Let me see if these websites service Australia.

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/family-and-community/planning-ahead/making-a-will​

Public Trustee - can prepare wills and act as executor. If you choose to appoint the Public Trustee to prepare your will and/or administer your estate, no charges are incurred until after death.

https://publictrustee.sa.gov.au/fees-charges/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

The following specifically addresses public trustee services and costs:

https://publictrustee.sa.gov.au/wills-services/