If my case is dismissed without predjucde, shouldn't it be…

Customer Question
If my case is...

If my case is dismissed without predjucde, shouldn't it be nonseeable

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

On my record. I live in Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was dismissed in Dec 2009.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I was told as well that it was non seeable. And that it would be earsed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

"Without prejudice" means that the case can be later reinstated if the other side decided to pursue it. But if that was never done before the statute of limitations expired on any civil or criminal prosecution, then you could file a petition to have the charge expunged from the record.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney