I signed a contract for solar installation that was supposed…

Customer Question
I signed a...

I signed a contract for solar installation that was supposed to lower my electricity. Before my monthly bill ran an average of 242 a month. Now it is costing me 342 average a month. I have a case going but because I signed a contract they tell me I'm stuck. Everyone I talked to about this says something is wrong. I am unable to sell my house because of this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes legal defence but no one returns my call

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The solar company knows I want more panels, lower my kwh cost or take them out.I'm a senior citizen 84 years old. On social security and feel the salesman took advantage of me not knowing anything about the product.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

It does not really make sense. Have you had the panels and the installation examined by another electrical contractor to see if there are defects in the panels or installation?

Does the contract contain a warranty regarding performance and referencing the electrical charges?