I would like to speak with an attorney about an upcoming…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to speak with an attorney about an upcoming case

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia Cobb count

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, Contempt case has been filed and I have court on 10/2/2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also had mediation on 10/28

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Can you please share what your question is?

I don't have a question per se' I am looking for strategy guidance on this issue. I filed contempt charges against my ex for violating our parenting plan and not paying approx. 1100 in medical and activity fees. When my ex retained counsel. I got a check for 190. My ex wanted to go to mediation to remedy the matter and I went along with it. During mediation, I got 760 and opposing counsel hijacked the session with my ex's complaints about trying to get child support reduced and not pay activity fees. Nothing about the matter brought was discussed. However, some matters were taken care of and the resolved to have my ex pay the remainder of his balance on the matter brought by Oct. 12. However, he chose not to pay any of my legal fees, which i elected to go back to court on. Also, I had to pay 1/2 the medication cost of 600, plus an additiona 120 per year for "our family wizard" because my ex wants no verbal communication with me. Opposing counsel also continues to ask me for production of documents that have nothing to do with mycase. When the action was first filed and my ex obtained counsel, I was asked to answer interrogatories along with production of documents. When I elected to go to court for my legal expenses, I immediately received another Subpoena to provide production of documents. The 2nd production of documents were almost a duplicate of what I already provided for opposing counsel during his initial request. I feel like I am constantly being blind sided and I want this case to be in my favor about all the monies spent to obtain 1100, along with all the time I spent collecting document that I will most likely not be questionned on and have nothing to do with the original matter brought.

Thank you and please allow me a moment

Did you object to the discovery requests? Do you know why he is asking for things and trying to address things, outside the scope of your motion/contempt?

I did object to some of the items in the initial discovery requests, but the 2nd one I provided what was asked even though some items were duplications from the first request and had nothing to do with this case. My original matter was violation of my parneting plan and not paying medical expenses. THe only thing resolved during mediation was 1. I get my kids back on sunday without having to meet him at a different location, He got to modify his child support starting 9/2018 since my oldes child will be in kindergarten. He was able to get out of paying activity fees stating 2018 because it was stated I should not have been getting 1/2 of activity fees due to statutory reasons. (I am still unclear about this)

If he is in violation and mediation could not resolve this, you can proceed in court and bring him before the Judge. This is your motion for contempt, so you can move it forward and advance this. If his attorney is trying to address things outside the scope of this, you can object and let him bring you before the Judge to address these issues.

Mediation was able to resolve him paying most of the medical and activity fees, and we agreed to have balance of the medical and activity fees covered by 10/12. However, he was not willing during mediation to cover my legal expenses, and that was part of what I was asking for in my original suit. I need to talk on the phone because this is a lot for me, and I want to be ready to guide my attorney if she is not taking every action to make sure this case on monday does not go SOUTH.

I do understand and am not able to speak at this time. Another expert should be able to take the call and accept this.

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello. My name is*****’ll be happy to help you by phone if you would prefer.
please contact me now if you are available.

If you put in a request for a phone call I will accept it now.

Can you take a minute and call customer service. They'll be able to put your request through.

Just respond here once you do and I'll call you. I'm Olivia.

The billing matter should be corrected now

Try to put the call request through and I will answer now.

THey are supposed to be putting the request in now.
I don't have a question per se' I am looking for strategy guidance on this issue. I filed contempt charges against my ex for violating our parenting plan and not paying approx. 1100 in medical and activity fees. When my ex retained counsel. I got a check for 190. My ex wanted to go to mediation to remedy the matter and I went along with it. During mediation, I got 760 and opposing counsel hijacked the session with my ex's complaints about trying to get child support reduced and not pay activity fees. Nothing about the matter brought was discussed. However, some matters were taken care of and the resolved to have my ex pay the remainder of his balance on the matter brought by Oct. 12. However, he chose not to pay any of my legal fees, which i elected to go back to court on. Also, I had to pay 1/2 the medication cost of 600, plus an additiona 120 per year for "our family wizard" because my ex wants no verbal communication with me. Opposing counsel also continues to ask me for production of documents that have nothing to do with mycase. When the action was first filed and my ex obtained counsel, I was asked to answer interrogatories along with production of documents. When I elected to go to court for my legal expenses, I immediately received another Subpoena to provide production of documents. The 2nd production of documents were almost a duplicate of what I already provided for opposing counsel during his initial request. I feel like I am constantly being blind sided and I want this case to be in my favor about all the monies spent to obtain 1100, along with all the time I spent collecting document that I will most likely not be questionned on and have nothing to do with the original matter brought.01 October 2017 02:19
I did object to some of the items in the initial discovery requests, but the 2nd one I provided what was asked even though some items were duplications from the first request and had nothing to do with this case. My original matter was violation of my parneting plan and not paying medical expenses. THe only thing resolved during mediation was 1. I get my kids back on sunday without having to meet him at a different location, He got to modify his child support starting 9/2018 since my oldes child will be in kindergarten. He was able to get out of paying activity fees stating 2018 because it was stated I should not have been getting 1/2 of activity fees due to statutory reasons. (I am still unclear about this)01 October 2017 02:26

Try to put in another phone request so I can accept that. That's the only way we have to accept phone requests.

I am running out of time for a phone call...did you get the request to go through?

No. I dont see anything on my end. You may want to start a new question.

We dont have much control over that on our end... but I'll be happy to help you any way I can.

If you put in FOR OLIVIA in the first line of your question, itll be routed to me.

I am on the phone again with customer service trying to get this straightened out.

Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out for you!

I will have to try again later....THanks
Hello. Are still available?

Hi. Yes, I'm currently available.

Phone call session started