I would like to know the step by step procudure to filing a…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know the step by step procudure to filing a lawsuite if possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Police can not assist as its classified as a civil matter.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
How much is your claim? Is defendant in the same state?
I'm not sure how much the claim will be for as of right now. I had moved in with a reletive without a lease. I was asked to leave with my things yesterday. I moved just about everything but a few things. I owe him $100 for a cell phone bill that he requested be dropped off at his house in 20 minutes otherwise he was destroying my things including a laptop and a Keurig. When I told him I couldnt drop the money off but he could pick it up from a third party he said fine your time is up good luck getting into my house. When I called the police they said if I wanted my things I needed to take him to court. So really all i want is my things back or money to replace damaged property.
Given amounts involved consider housing court or small claims court. An action is commenced by summons and complaint. Clerk will arrange notice and a hearing. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer