I had a court date set to determine child support and 2-3…

Customer Question
I had a court...

I had a court date set to determine child support and 2-3 weeks before the court date, I called numerous times with all the calls not being answered and/or returned and then I sent a request for continuation and paid to have it sent over night because I knew that we were going to need to evacuate due to Hurricane Irma and being that we lived in a flood zone so, we did evacuate but I haven't heard anything back from the court. I've read in the news that the courthouse flooded and that almost all of the cases were going to be pushed back as far as Mid October but again I haven't heard anything back from anyone. My question is should I wait to hear back from them since it's only been 2 weeks since I sent my request or should I just show up to court anyways?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a request for continuance but no I haven't heard anything back from anyone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The date I requested was October 2nd which is Monday but being that they reported in the news that most of the cases would be pushed back till Mid October and being that I haven't heard anything back should I wait to hear something or just show up?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What county in this being heard in?