An oral contract froth sale of real property is an example…

Customer Question
An oral contract froth...

An oral contract froth sale of real property is an example of contract that is void?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In VA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

An oral contract for the sale of real estate is unenforceable under a legal doctrine called the Statute of Frauds which requires all contracts for the sale of real estate to be in writing. So it isn't "void", as the parties could still agree to go through with any sale, but it would be unenforceable if one party didn't want to move forward with the sale/purchase.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much