Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I got denied in New Jersey an order to show cause. can this

denial get appealed quickly and...
I got denied in New Jersey an order to show cause. can this denial get appealed quickly and is there a chance a Judge will over rule themselves. in desperate need of the OTSC
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: order to show cause was filed and denied. judge left the complaint in tact
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: if I do not get the otsc WILL CAUSE IRREPARABLE HARM to my business and probably put me out. cannot wait out a lawsuit
10/1/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

ok
to add what are the chances if appeal was done that a Judge would reverse their own decision?

You can do a motion for reconsideration.In NJ motions for reconsideration of interlocutory decisions are to be made under Rule 1:7-4, which in turn refers to Rule 4:42-2, rather than under Rule 4:49-2.

Here is reference

http://appellatelaw-nj.com/some-lessons-about-motions-for-reconsideration

It is a long shot but your business is at stake you have to try here.There are no premade forms for this you will have to draft it and file it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Here is one for forms here, it will need to be modified.

https://www.citizen.org/sites/default/files/in_re_olm_brief_supp_motion_reconsideration.pdf

I wish you the best here, sorry you have deal with this.It is your next remedy

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

thank you. I have counsel but am also doing research myself

I wish you the best here.Have a good evening and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer