I need help knowing what steps I should take in a property…

Customer Question
Hi, I need help...

Hi, I need help knowing what steps I should take in a property division situation. I was awarded a boat and trailer in a divorce, my ex sold the boat and trailer without my or the court's knowledge. I have in my possession a trailer that was awarded to her. She is now trying to obtain that trailer behind my back. I have proof she disobeyed the court order regarding the trailer and boat awarded to me and need to know if I can withhold the trailer from her until a contempt of court hearing can be filed against her for her disposal of assets belonging to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have reached out to an attorney, but it is a vary time sensitive matter. And i need an answer asap

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand...I understand that she is is in contempt (for selling the boat and trailer that was to be given to you). You want to know if this would allow you to disobey the decree?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I will send an

I will send an offer for a phone call...just a moment

Tina, Lawyer