My daughter was renting a home. that home had bugs because…

Customer Question
My daughter was renting...

My daughter was renting a home. that home had bugs because the owner didn't want to fix some broken windows. they both agreed that she could get out of her lease then she was taken to court and now has a evention on her record

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

On the owners side, yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They now live in Colorado and can't find a place to rent because she has the eviction on her record

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
She can sue to have eviction removed as issued in bad faith and contrary to the agreement. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. if needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!