I have a question about an issue about transferring car

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about an issue about transferring car title.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Washington. 1999 ford F250 truck.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We bought the truck and paid the owner. He said he brought truck from brother in law and would give us bill of sale. He said he had done this before and no problems. We did it and then noticed at the d m v that there were 2 owners and only 1 signed. I have more if you want to hear it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The guy we bought it from would not connect us with the owner on title so I decided to sign the title as 2nd owner. Now I am having 2nd thoughts and don't want to submit it. I dont' know if I should blank my signature off or what. to do

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Just to clarify, you signed someone else's name on the title transfer?

Some else already answered the question. Thanks
Ok. Good luck.
Just to clarify, the answer came from just answer. I guess I had asked the question twice. Thanks again.
Ok