I was arrested over a year ago for wreckless driving (sep…

Customer Question
I was arrested over...

I was arrested over a year ago for wreckless driving (sep 9th, 2016) after I was bailed out I received a phone call telling me that I was not going to be charged with anything, and a couple days ago I received a letter for a court summons on 0ct 10th, is that legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Washington, snohomish county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not really

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This happened over a year ago, and when it happened I was profiled and mistreated by officer steve palm badge #0962 WA State Patrol - Olympia. The moment I took off my helmet his tone/attitude towards me changed drastically, accusing me of being drunk and being a drug addict. He proceeded to do a field sobriety test which I passed and the moment I laughed due to the fact I was nervous he arrested me and put the handcuffs on me extremely tight which resulted in loss of sensation of my left thumb to this day. To prove my point that I was profiled it says that my race is Black/African American in the letter when I am neither of those.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

All you can do here is go to court and see if they are indeed charging you.

Reckless Driving — Penalty (RCW 46.61.500) Reckless driving is a gross misdemeanor punishable by a jail term up to 365 days and/or a fine up to $5,000.00. Also, upon the conviction, your license or your non-resident privilege to drive in Washington must be suspended by the department for 30 days.

Reckless Driving | DUI Laws in Washington State | Jonathan Rands ...

If this goes forward you can ask for a court appointed lawyer here and seek to dispute it or plea here.They can still charge you , it may be an internal error so go and see if you are indeed charged and request a lawyer.This is certainly perplexing very possible this was done in error.

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this.I will say a little prayer here this gets resolved.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you for your timely response, and I appreciate your prayers.

You are so welcome.I hope this will resolve.Thanks for rating 5 stars.Have a good evening.

Ray, Lawyer