I have a real estate? story short I'm in the foreclosure…

Customer Question
I have a real...

I have a real estate ? long story short I'm in the foreclosure redemption period....I got a lowball cash offer yesterday. In 2015 I qualified for a stepforward and I could not get anyone to help me get the payoff amount. The buyer said he'd take over the stepforward loan and paid even less for the house. My question is that the stepforward lien says 11000(reservation amount) the fund I actually used 9000 and that payoff amount has decreased early 60 percent over the past 2 1/2 years. If I don't authorize a payoff amount would he be responsible for the lien amount and is there any way I can still get the difference from stepforward? This guy became belligerent when I sent him docs that proved that I didn't owe 11,000 because hope I wasn't smart enough to know how the loan works. Right now a foreclosure seems like it could be lesss painful. Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Michigan a MSHDA loan assistance

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We filed the payoff for my first mortgage

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just tell me how I can show a bully who's boss.... lol now instead of leaving with 7000 I'll leave in the whole from closing costs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I would negotiate for that relief and press the bullying tactics. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!