I am a caseworker in Colorado! I made the biggest mistake of…

Customer Question
I am a caseworker...

I am a caseworker in Colorado! I made the biggest mistake of my life and had a relationship with a client! We have been together for almost 4 years and recently I ended things with him beucase he is abusive. For almost 4 years he would tell me that if I didn't do what he said he would call and let eveyone one know what I did! He also said that he would contact media sources so I would be ruined. I understand that I did wrong and I have regretted my mistake ever since! My question is what could happened to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He stated that he sent emails to the judge, county attorney, and the GAL.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
First, what he is threatening is extortion. You may want to come clean and face internal discipline. Such discipline could include an investigation and possible suspension. You may have counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You May note it was consensual. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
This happened in a different county then I am working in now! Will I go to jail? Will I be sued? I did end the employment in that county and got hired in a different county, does that matter? He states that he sent an email to my director in the county that I work for now, as well as the county where I had the affair in. I am a child welfare caseworker! Also I never falsified anything for his case. will I still be fired for that? This did happen almost four years ago! He has been blackmailing me since and I have to give him money all the time. My life has been hell!
Not sued or prosecuted. You may lose your psition but I think even that may be avoided if you are reasonable and they are accommodating.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer