1) I have never seen or given a copy of my dad’s will 2) My…

Customer Question
1) I have never seen...

1) I have never seen or given a copy of my dad’s will
2) My step mother sent us all paperwork a year after our father passed away which includes a 120 day letter from a trustee which will advise the beneficiary that the Trust has become irrevocable that they have a right to receive a copy of the trust (we never received) and that they have limited time to contest the trust following receipt of the letter.
3) We received various paperwork with different dates from 5/8/02-2/19/03 all together. We received these documents 8-9 months later. In the paperwork was a 120 day letter stating she amended the will and made my step-sister trustee of our bypass trust fund. Since neither my stepmom nor my step-sister mailed us the 120 day letter until after 9 months have passed, how could we contest the 120 day letter. We never saw our father’s will, which we have asked on numerous occasions to see. In the 120 day letter it showed they added to what appears to be 3 pages of the original will. She added that if for some reasons needed, she can dip into our trust fund. By making my stepsister trustee of our trust fund, all she has to do is contact her daughter and receive funds.. By making sure that we couldn’t do this is, is why we got our paperwork 9 months later. my step mother and step sister never gave us any statements showing any totals in our trust fund. In fact on the asset /debt report there is a lot mistakes on it. Meaning missing totals. Assets that don’t have totals yet show up on her right to claim. The net expense estate total shows that she paid all of the amount from our trust fund. The promissory note that all 4 of us have, is no good. The house was sold again which meant we should gotten our inheritance at that time. We never did, which makes me believe there isn’t any money in our trust fund. We have never seen any documents what so ever. 2 months after our father passed away, my stepmother and stepsister used our trust fund to buy property, without our knowledge. Again never giving any of us a heads up what they did, nor any paperwork showing what they did. I believe they can be sued for Breach of Fiduciary duty.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have all of documents that can prove them doing wrong

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Any will filed for probate in the county where the dad deceased in Superior Court.You would want to contact hem and see if probate was filed, you can have copy of will and anything else in probate filed.

You can find the contact phone number here

http://www.courts.ca.gov/find-my-court.htm

I would also order a copy of death certificate here, then you may need
California lawyer if you wish to contest either the will or trust here.

Lawyer referral

Contact the State Bar for Help

I appreciate the chance to help you today, sorry for your loss of parent.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.