I was praying silently on a public right of way (a five

Customer Question
I was praying silently...

I was praying silently on a public right of way (a five minute prayer) and

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I was praying on public land next to water for my Jewish holiday, and the next door resident called the police to report me. They came questioned me detained me , and wrote a misdemeanor. Then spoke to the person who called, and then asked me to leave is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It had been filed with my name and is public knowledge however the resident continues to harass me by calling police every time I go to this area. It is a right of way to a lake made by developer for residents of two streets one that I live at. The person calling police is a water front owner next door to row

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been advised by police not to use that public area for any reason however it is the only access to lake

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I’ll be happy to help you. I’m not quite sure what your question is though. Could you please restate it for me.
I would like to know if I have any legal recourse against the resident who made the call to the police and now continues to call police every time I am at the row of way? This is a very small area however this person has verbally made anti Semitic remarks to myself openly in public. And should the police have a file on myself that is assessable to public?
Also why is the police obligated to respond to her calls but not charging her with harassment against myself? I've never exchanged anything verbally with her
Also she is a business owner who runs a childcare center in this town and also other properties, while I am a 75 year old widow , no children, or relatives, i have a heart condition and am being treated with chemo... I have three small puppies that I enjoy taking to the lake.. I can't drive because of my health and live on social security which doesn't allow me to pay for a lawyer
These are additional exemptions.
My apologies. The above line was typed in error.
The police are not obligated to respond to her each time she calls unless there is a hazardous situation that is being created - in which case they will always respond. If you feel that you are being harassed what you would want to do is file a complaint with the police department.
I’m not sure what you mean about a file being accessible to the public… Nobody can call and ask if there is a file available on you. Does that make sense?
If the place you are praying is creating a hazardous situation and she calls the police the police will respond. If it’s not – I would be surprised if the police continue to respond. But, if you feel harassed or threatened your best course of action is to file a police report.
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney