I bought a car and returned it the next morning less than 12…

Customer Question
I bought a car...

I bought a car and returned it the next morning less than 12 hours later but they refused to take it back what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Tessessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I hate the car

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you share with me why you wanted to return the car?

It's just not right for me

What is the basis for which you want to return the car?

I need some indication that you can do something besides charge me money
I'm on disability
I haven't got any answer

The site does not provide legal representation. I can answer any questions which you may have and provide you with information, so please let me know if you want to proceed

I want to know that you can do something so far I got nothing except another charge

There needs to be a legal basis for the dealer to take the car back. If you signed a contract and paid for it and took possession, they would not be obligated to take it back, unless there was a time stated within the contract, that allows it. There is no three day cooling off period in a situation like this or buyers remorse, that would force them to take it back.

You've charged my card but haven't told me anything I even offered to let them keep the down payment 3000.0

Answer somthing

Are you able to see my responses above?

I asked you for additional information and you never responded and I also went ahead and posted an answer. Did it appear?

ANSWER SOMETHING

I did. Are you able to see what I posted above?

I've seen nothing

Please allow me to try it again. There needs to be a legal basis for the dealer to take the car back. If you signed a contract and paid for it and took possession, they would not be obligated to take it back, unless there was a time stated within the contract, that allows it. There is no three day cooling off period in a situation like this or buyers remorse, that would force them to take it back.

They didn't give me the contract
At the time I was trying to prepare for surgery

Did you sign a contract? When you say they did not give it to you, do you mean a copy?

They cancelled my surgery I've been more than 2 months tryin to get this surgery

Can you share how this is related to the car?

It's not

So can you share why you no longer want the car?

They just kept downgrading the car until it was somthing I didn't like
I won't drive this car

If you did not like it, why did you agree to buy/lease it? I am confused. If you went to the dealer and voluntarily signed the contract, what did they do to force this? Why do you want to take it back now?

was I

If you did not voluntarily sign the contract and they tricked you or took advantage of you, you could have a basis to try and void it. You will have to sue them if they refuse to take it back and keep the deposit, to settle this.

I had just totaled my car sat and I said I just wanted to look at cars it went straight into high pressure sales if we do this will you sign here then they got a second person

Did you voluntarily sign this?

I'm gonna go ask for a copy of what I signed

If you voluntarily signed this, you would have a hard time saying you were forced and therefore the contract is not valid. There is no cooling off period or buyers remorse, in this case, so you need to have a legal basis to force them to take the car back.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!