My husband was assaulted by two boys on July 3rd. Two weeks…

Customer Question
Hi. My husband was...

Hi. My husband was assaulted by two boys on July 3rd. Two weeks ago the police found the boys through the local high school. They have confessed and the case is being sent to the DA. My husband is still unable to work and had numerous medical bills. How to we find a lawyer to help us get restitution?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes, California. He is self employed as a contractor and has/had a successful business.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To the police or ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Ok, do you know the details of the inquiry?

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. As the victim, the State represents his legal rights and interest, in the criminal case. As such, the prosecutor assigned to the case, can seek and try and obtain restitution, on his behalf. If this is being sent to the DA, he can wait to speak with them and present his bills and see if they can recover these for him. Of course, he could try and file a civil lawsuit as well and would need a personal injury attorney or civil litigation attorney to help.

I dont want call

No problem

We do want to file a civil case. Do we wait to get an attorney until the DA reviews or get on now?

You do not need to wait. You should get on it now and contact counsel and let them start working the case. The criminal case could take a while to resolve and you do not necessarily need to sit idle and wait around