We purchased a kitchen suite from Costco.com, when they

Customer Question
We purchased a kitchen...

We purchased a kitchen suite from Costco.com, when they delivered the first fridge the installers bent it and told me to call Costco with my complaint, when the delivered the second fridge they didn't put it together correctly and when I pointed this out to the delivery guy he said call Costco, when they delivered the third fridge last Tuesday the driver said they didn't have enough time to install it so he put it in my garage and said they would reschedule the install, that's supposed to happen today

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

State of Washington, no one is helping me. Costco said they are refunding me 500$

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

They said I have to deal with costco

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The last time they brought the new florid get hat is now in my garage the driver was kind of intimidating and threatening to me so I told costco I did not want that young man back in my house, they said they could not guaertee that

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence because they broke the item you purchased. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s (Costco’s) actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract because they have not yet fully performed by putting the fridge in your home.. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.