Is it legal for dodge county to put a 24 hr medical hold on…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for dodge county to put a 24 hr medical hold on an Huber inmate because he went to the ER twice in a week due to the fact that he don't live in the state so know family doctor.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconsin No narcotics

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No he told them that they couldn't and explained it and they said no they can

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 10 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but generally, a 24 hour medical hold can be placed at any time upon determination by a licensed physician that such hold is warranted and required.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!