If man has been on a Rig for almost has had no time off thr…

Customer Question
If man has been...

If man has been on a Rig for almost has had no time off thr Rig is there a limithehas to stay on the Rig before he cangetoff and tranacthisbankingbusiness

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

On for almost 4 months He isoff shore outside Baton Rouge,La.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No put he is being held for not paying someone gerring him this job, put cant off to go to bank for money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dont think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Is this man someone you have actually know and have met in person, or is this some internet romance who's asking you for money by claiming that he can't get off of his oil rig?

Someone i know
Been on Rig since last week of June, finished job. needs to get off Rig to go to Bank to get money to pay a certain for getting him this job

People who ask a question like this are typically being scammed. If someone can reach you, they can reach their bank online and authorize payments to creditors. This is just a way of claiming that they are stranded so that they can take your money.

I don't know the terms of this person's contract, but the industry standard is two weeks on the rig and then get two weeks off.

My bank account and chargecards from chasebankhave been compmised. so icant promise any more payment
I am81 yrs, old trying tohelp some one dear to me

I think you're being scammed. There's a well-known fraud where an impostor who has hacked someone's account reaches out to that person's friends and family with a phony emergency and asks them for money. In reality the person is safe and sound, but his loved ones respond without double-checking and wind up wiring money to a scammer.

What you have told me fits that scam pattern. And if your accounts have been compromised, that tells me something too. The story you were told doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If this person is a loved one or family member, call others who know him and see if he isn't really safe somewhere.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.