AFTER RECEIVING THE MOTION WERE THE DEFENDANT WAS GRANTED…

Customer Question
AFTER RECEIVING THE MOTION...

AFTER RECEIVING THE MOTION WERE THE DEFENDANT WAS GRANTED HOW MANY DAY DO I HAVE TO A APPEAL THE DECISION

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

YES THE COURT FAVORED THE DEFENDANT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HOW MANY DAYS DO I HAVE TO APPEAL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed NY attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, contracts, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

If a request for a phone call comes in, it is from the site, not from me. I will be happy to have a phone call with you but only if you want it. If you would like to request a phone call, that’s fine too. There is no pressure and we can stay here if you’d like.

I'm an appellate attorney. In most states, the time to appeal is 30 days, but in California it is longer. Was this in Superior Court, and did the motion finally decide the case -- was this a final order in the case? Is this civil or criminal?

Tina, Lawyer