Can the title / name of a Special Needs Trust be changed if…

Customer Question
Can the title /...

Can the title / name of a Special Needs Trust be changed if all parties agree to do so?i am the trustee of my mothers SNT. She would like to change the name from " the Joy xxxx Special needs trust " to a title that doesn't mention her name. She is afraid an aggressive ex can track her down since the SNT holds title to her home and is thus available via public records. can this be done? and if so , how? steps?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. she is recieving assistance and it holds title to her mobile home . purchased with trust assets

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No . thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney with extensive business law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Yes, the trustor of the trust, if still competent, may have an amendment to the trust prepared that would change the name of the trust. The trustee's consent is not necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.