I have leave in my rent home for 3 years, my lease was never…

Customer Question
I have leave in...

I have leave in my rent home for 3 years , my lease was never renew but my landlord said to me it was ok to stay one more year , he got mad at me yesterday because I ask him to fix something , so he send me a 60 day notice to leave the property

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He only send me and email I text him back asking him why is he doing that , he nose that I haven't ever pay my rent late and he said to me I can stay until may

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for this. Generally, if you and the other party agree that you would stay in the building for one more year, then the landlord needs to go to the proper eviction procedures. In addition, a landlord is not allowed to evict somebody on a retaliatory basis. Basically, a landlord can I kick somebody out because they are mad. As a result, this appears to be a breach of contract. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court.