I am 71 years old and I have had a stroke and now I owe a…

Customer Question
I am 71 years...

I am 71 years old and I have had a stroke and now I owe a credit card

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I<ve had a stroke and owe all kind of medical bills now and they are trying to take my home for the $3111.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you for your patience. Sometimes, just settling the debt is the easiest thing to do. It doesn't always appear as if it's the easiest thing to do, but every single day lawyers across the country are explaining to their clients that if they just work on settling their debts in a way that makes sense for them and they are going to be in a better position in the long-term. Many times, I have seen that most creditors will agree to settle the matter 450 to 60% of what you normally do. Even if they have already sent you a lawsuit, they will usually dismiss the lawsuit all together in exchange for payments. Many times, they will allow you to make payments to 2 years to help resolve the balance. To facilitate your situation, there’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for debt settlement (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If you send this letter and they do not respond, then try sending it again to remind them that settling is really what resolving disputes is all about.