I bought an insurance policy and one of the statements in…

Customer Question
Hello, I bought an...

Hello, I bought an insurance policy and one of the statements in the policy make me think the policy is not valid. "This policy is written by an unauthorized insurer and is not subject to the filing or approval requirements of the Alabama of insurance Such a policy may contain conditions, limitations, exclusions and different terms than a policy issued by an insurer granted a certificate authority by the Alabama Dept of Insurance. The "insurer has been approved by the Ala Dept of Ins as an eligible surpluslines insurer operating pursuant to Alabama Statute 27-10-20.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Scottsdale IL, Scottsdale Indemnity Co

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 9 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. The policy may be valid but the insurer may be be authorized. You can void the agreement and proceed with another insurer for more peace of mind. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
I want to keep the policy the state is AZ. But, I need a definite yes or no is the policy valid as written?
No, you are generalizing so, your answer is no help. Yes or no is the policy legal?
It is legal but not as secure as if issued from a registered insurer. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable” You May also want to compare rates.
I will sign off and look for assistance elsewhere. Have a blessed day! And, pray that I am not charged for this. Thanks!Ms Walton
This site is not free but you are welcome not to pay. I cannot five you specific advice as this is a general information site.