What requirements are necessary for importing cat from

Customer Question
What requirements are necessary...

What requirements are necessary for importing cat from Cameroon to Los Angeles CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Unknown

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 10 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

While Cameroon might have its own laws, as far as, bringing the cat to the USA from overseas, as a general rule, there are no restrictions on bringing domestic cats into the U.S.

There are no vaccination requirements for cats, although cats arriving in Hawaii or Guam are subject to that state's/territory's quarantine requirements.

While a rabies (also known as rage) certificate is not required for entry into the U.S., domestic cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined by an inspector at the port of entry. If the animal is not in apparent good health, further examination by a licensed veterinarian may be required at the owner's expense.

In case where a cat is brought to the U.S. on an airplane, it is important to check with the airline being used, as they may have additional requirements, as many airlines require a certificate of health from a veterinarian.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.