Williamson, here. You helped me have a meeting with the CEO…

Customer Question
Hi, ***** *****on, here. You...
Hi, ***** *****on, here. You helped me have a meeting with the CEO of the company I work for. The CEO, a woman with whom I am friendly, has paid me for my suspension, after hearing my side, revealed that all my employees complained about my management style. I had her read the text conversations with a couple of employees, she asked if I wanted to continue to work for them. She asked me to take another day, with pay to think about this. I know I cannot return. I am too humiliated and feel my position will never be the same with my employees. Am I eligible for unemployment benefits so I can start looking for another position? What should I do to have them terminate me? You have been so helpful, and I respect your advice completely.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello Mary! I'm glad that I could help you. My recommendation would be to ask them to terminate you. This way, you will become eligible for unemployment benefits. Otherwise, CA may not give you benefits.

Thank you. Please tell your Mother, a woman told you to tell her she raised you right��

Oh you are too kind Mary! Best of luck to you!

Hi, ***** *****on, I wanted to let you know I took your advice, asked to be terminated, the CEO, and she completely agreed. She asked me if I would mind if she could come up with another position with the company, that would work for me, after I've taken time and collected unemployment, that might interest me to come back to the company. She said, "I don't want to completely lose a person of your character and work ethic. I told her I would consider this. We are on honest, authentic great terms. I owe a lot of this positive to your professional, and personal advice. I thank you, ***** ***** bottom of my heart.

oh thank you Mary. I am so glad that it is working out on your terms. I had a feeling that they didn't have the whole story and replacing people that matter like you is very, very difficult. At least now you can see that karma does work in your favor!