A child has been accused of harassment at school. police…

Customer Question
A child has been...

A child has been accused of sexual harassment at school. police officer and principal intimidated and threatened child into written statement,no attempted was made to notify parent of situation. School officials have not or can not produce regulations or protocols on handling disiplinary situations as this. (Parent has been told there is nothing in writing in place.) complaint with school district has been filed. Situations are happening almost daily throughout the 3 k-8 grades. Kids being handcuffed, sitting for hour and parents not being notified. How do we proceed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

California. Sept 26th 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Complaint at district office

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Too much to include

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I used to represent public school so I can give you some idea of what to expect. So, in your case, one of the things that I would have recommended that you do is file a complaint with the district. The next thing that you may want to do is file a complaint with the State Department of Education for the school and/or the District following their protocol. You may also have a cause of action for some other things as well outside including false imprisonment and/or battery.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.