Need to get a Lien Release from Arcadia Finance which was…

Customer Question
Need to get a...

Need to get a Lien Release from Arcadia Finance which was bought out by Citi Bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just misplaced the title would like to get a new one.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

What have you tried so far?

Just internet search for Arcadia Finance so for and it sent me to you.

It must have been an ad on the page. Usually you can get a copy of the lien release by checking whatever office in which it was filed (ex. the DMV if it was to release the lien on a car). However, you can also check with the clerk of courts who handles the filing of liens against real property. Often the release of lien will be filed there.

You can also contact Arcadia, send them anything that you have which references the loan and ask them to provide you a copy of the release of lien.

If none of these entities have a copy of the release, which wouldn't be unusual if the company or loan has been sold, then the last possible thing to do is file a lawsuit against Capital One and ask the judge to order them to provide you a new one or else the judge can enter an order that acts as a release of lien.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.