I have a legal question? New mexico

Customer Question
I have a legal...

I have a legal question?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

What is your legal question?

My legal question:
I was part of a settlement agreement.
After the settlement agreement was signed I filed a dental complaint with a dental Board concerning the parties of the case.Because he didn't have a controlled substance license while he was working for me.
I believe I am liable for this Dr. not have a CSL while he worked in a clinic I owned an operated.My dilemna is do I report this to the proper authorities?

Thank you for the additional information.

I think you will have to file with the state board or risk additional liability. Hiding it, once you know, may have more severe repercussions than reporting it.

Also, if you report it you can retain a certain amount of control over the matter, as you are a victim in this, as well.

I recommend that you retain an attorney, experienced in professional licensing and disciplinary matters. Have the attorney make the contact and communicate with the Board for you.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney