I need to have a cease and desist letter drawn up for my…

Customer Question
I need to have...

I need to have a cease and desist letter drawn up for my mother in law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well I have documents proving what she says is not true

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I will explain further

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Although I cannot draw you up a cease-and-desist letter, here’s a website that has a good template (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. What they do is after you purchase is they will send you a secure copy and email within 1 to 2 business days.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

I need it to come from an attorney. I can copy a template for free and if it doesn't come from an attorney she will harass me more.

I understand. Unfortunately, I'm not licensed in IL or else I would consider doing it for you. In what state does the defendant live? What't the main issue that you're dealing with?

He lives in Illinois. Basically I left him after 18 years of physical mental and sexually abuse. He started abusing my daughters and I called the police. there are articles in the paper over 18 police reports and an OP. His mother since then 2010 has had me followed, harassed, and more recently shows up at my daughter's friends house to tell lies to them about me. She denies the abuse even tho there is documented proof, she denies his drug prob, even tho again documented. the last straw is she told my kids that I get child support for them and they should demand a portion. I do not and this morning I gave my adult daughter my support login creditenatials to show he is severely behind and I get NOTHING. This is causing problems between my kids and myself as well as making me look like something I am not to my daughter friends parents. I just need peace.

I certainly understand. Have you considered a protective order against the defendant?

I don't qualify I tried. I figured if she gets a letter she'll at least back off and stop her endless pursuit of making my life difficult.
I know if I send it on my own, she will find it amusing..do you have a referral for anyone in IL

I see what you mean. I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't have any specific referrals, but I have something that can help.

One of the hardest things to do sometimes is find a lawyer that you can trust. Google searches are a good place to start, but usually the lawyers who pay the most can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Here is the link for the Illinois LRS click here.

I will try that. Thank you and wish me luck! :)

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.