After 35 yr marriage stepfather moved all savings retirement…

Customer Question
After 35 yr marriage...

After 35 yr marriage stepfather moved all savings retirement and bank accounts , enuitys .Gave to daughter and changed will and died. Doing all secretly leaving mother no funds to live off or evan pay for funeral total estate was fairly substantial .What should she do? He passed 4 day ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

He somehow removed all mother's name from enuitys , checking accounts eccept 1 for household bills . Every Ben let her insurance lapts. Long term care ECT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has been in and out of rehab for addiction pain meds and behavior over SPC last ,2 years has had many police incidents ,rehab ECT and had started dissipating funds

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

As Texas is a community property state, she would need to engage a local probate attorney and she has a right to challenge all of the asset transfers of community assets within 2 years of his death and recover her community property share of those assets. She can also challenge the will to seek her spousal share of the estate. However, at this point the only way for her to recover is filing in court and she will need a local probate attorney to do so.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Regarding last question response could she recoup her insurance cost to reinstate her since it was canceled? And collect any monetary damages that she has been put through by what we think is illegally cancelling her insurance and removing her from obtaining any information on any business accounts or medical information requested?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas are you able to the first question that I had inquired about?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She is seeking to have a attorney Mon morning husband passed 4 day ago. After having transfers all moneys property's ECT to daughter also secretly changing will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I explained we have or trying to get all info on his mental state drug abuse alcoholic abuse .Police reports sheriff's reports phscriptions from the many doctors he was using to get his medications Dr shopping!!! How was he able to secretly dissolve all community funds with help of his tax man who he had as power of attorney?

Thank you for your reply.

She could recover all losses that she incurred as a result of this conduct, yes. he was not allowed to cancel her insurance until the divorce was final. So she has a right to recover all of those expenses as well.