I'm looking for the duration of c.r.s 16-8-120(2012).how is…

Customer Question
I'm looking for the...

I'm looking for the duration of c.r.s 16-8-120(2012).how long is the time must a jail inmate stay in the state hospital for a competency evaluation.here in the denver county jail

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Denver ,co

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, i spent only 8 days in the mental health county jail unit in nov, dec 2012. an d some one said that 8 days was not enough time to get a full un biased competency eval

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There is no time frame for a person in custody to be held in a hospital for evaluation. For a non-inmate, 3 days is the most they can be held for evaluation. So the "some one" who said something to you is not likely an attorney or more importantly a psychologist/psychiatrist who knows what they are actually talking about.

These evaluations actually can be done and are done many times in a several hour evaluation by a mental health professional.

This is why the CRS has no provision for minimum or maximum stay.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

the answer will do thanks,but not foe over $40.oo.maby you shuold also have info where to go and find related info as well as your answer for $40.00

Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry for your confusion, but you have not paid anything but a deposit and as such the expert has not gotten any credit for time spent with you.

Also, there really is nowhere to go to "find the info" because it is nothing even written in the law about it. So because there is nothing in the law written putting a time period on these matters, this information is developed through actual practicing law and actually handling cases of this nature.