I couldnt navigate the app you sent me to. Am I able to

Customer Question
I couldnt navigate the...

I couldnt navigate the app you sent me to. Am I able to collect money from a tenant who will be evicted in AZ per the court judge by next week with the Writ of Restitution on 10/02/2017?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Everything is filed and reported

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/29/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by

Am I able to collect money from a tenant who will be evicted in AZ per the court judge by next week with the Writ of Restitution on 10/02/2017?

What does that mean?

The tenant paid a partial in August and wife refused to pay the $199 owed. I told her I would let her pay the amount on Sept 1. On Sept 1. The tenants wanted only to pay the $1450 not the additional $199 owed. I told them 4 times Thru em: they would incur late fees if not paid. On the 5th the tenant wanted to give me $1450 and I refused because it should have been $1649. After that I proceeded to charge late fees (02%). To this day they refused. Went to court tenants were a no show. I was awarded $2406.59 for amount owed me. The Writ of Restitution is granted on 10/02/2017 and on the 6th they will be evicted if they haven't moved out yet. These people have been very cantankerous to me.
I sent a msg to them that I wanted a check from them by 3pm. They agreed but we had a time problem and I told them to just put the check under a pot and I would get it tomorrow. Before I went to court I knew not to take a check with the wrong amt but I am pretty sure if they give me a check after the court hearing it is ok. I am just trying to confirm my thought process. As of yet the tenants think all is well because they ignored all the certified letters and constables that came to the house. If I can get this months rent that they are offering today I will take it as long as it doesn't interfere with the eviction

Hi

It seems your payment failed. You can contact customer service at

1(###) ###-####/p>

And they can correct this

Tina, Lawyer