I was scammed by a car dealer who is now no longer in

Customer Question
I was scammed by...

I was scammed by a car dealer who is now no longer in business because they had their business shut down because of the scams they pulled, well I was one of them, and now I'm being threatened by capital One Auto financing, because they keep asking me for more money Ive been paying the a total of $470/month for he past 3+ years for a car that I thought I was purchasing for $16,000 instead the loan was for $24,000 with 14.48% interest they are claiming I paid $14,000 and still owe them $17,000, I made payments every month sometimes 2 and sometime more than 470.00/month and now they threatened to repossess my car because they want $1,800 meanwhile I just paid the 480.00 less than a month ago 480 in July 2 payments in June. they destroyed my credit not to mention the stress and the threats, there is no way that this could be legal I'm giving capital one more money than my actual loan that was already more than the sticker price of my car. Please help me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

New jersey my car is a Hyundai Accent 2014, so its only 3 yrs old

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was contacted by the new company DNC Hyundai that took over the scamming dealership which was Brad Benson, they were trying to get me to trade for a newer car so I went in and thats when the numbers were put in front of me, my friend I was with actually is the one who noticed and long story short I brought my paper work to the manager at the new dealership and he confirmed I was scammed and thats when the numbers from Capital one didn't add up, They said this is all my fault and I cant do anything about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Have you reported this to the consumer protection agencies and to your State Attorney General?

Let me provide a link for you to the required complaints as well as a link for local Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations. Where in NJ did this occur?

Tina, Lawyer