When your auto insurance totals an auto and you also have a…

Customer Question
When your auto insurance...

When your auto insurance totals an auto and you also have a gap insurance policy and neither pays off the loan is there anything that can be done.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

TN,.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes and the insurances paid all but 2400.00

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is the cost.

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience. Generally, the gap insurance is designed to cover the amount between the actual value of your car and the remaining loan balance. Could you give me a little bit more of an idea what the gap insurance policy carrier told you regarding this?