Is it against the law in north carolina to put a video of a…

Customer Question
Is it against the...

Is it against the law in north carolina to put a video of a one year old baby nude in a bathtub on facebook

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so at this point

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/28/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 7 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

No, not necessarily. It would be if the intent was for sexual abuse, arousal, etc... There has to be an intent to make it sexual for it to be illegal. If not, then it's not illegal.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

no im not happy with or the answer.....guess everyone can do what they want to do...this person that put this nude vedio of my grandchild already has one child in therpy for being molisted. she should know better....but nothing can be done.....no I am not happy at all

Again, if there's a sexual intent or for sexual arousal, then that would be illegal. But the intent of the person making and posting the video is what's at issue whether or not it's illegal.

Of course I don't have any control over what the law is. I can only tell you that it's not illegal (unless there's the sexual arousal / abuse intent when making it). There are actually pretty strong freedom of speech implications there, so it would have to be with serious criminal intent in making and spreading the video that would make it illegal.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Are you there?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney