After a jury rendered a verdict in a civil trial, one of the…

Customer Question
After a jury rendered...

After a jury rendered a verdict in a civil trial, one of the jurors rushed to lunch (within an hour) with a partner of the firm that the trial lawyer was also a partner of to discuss the case. Is there a chance of juror misconduct since the juror knew of the connection between the trial atty and his personal friend, the other partner atty ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NH

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a motion for appeal & to set aside the verdict in the same Superior Ct, but I am handling this pro se, so I am unsure to say the least what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Before hearing, I filed a Motion for Default on basis that defendant failed to file an Answer, defendant's atty never filed an objection and judge never ruled on my Motion. Where does this now stand?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You should raise all of this as points on appeal.The juror fraud and similar issues based on the conflicts and possible favoritism of the juror and the lawyer and discussion of case.You can also raise a point that you never got ruling on the motion and see if they consider this reversible errors.

In general appeals are a shotgun type thing you raise a lot of points of error and hope some still and justify a reversal.There is no harm in raising all of this in your brief, you hope the court agrees there were multiple errors here and reverses.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best on appeal.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer