Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

More of a general law question. OH. Public Defender. It's

more of a general law...
more of a general law question
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: OH
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Public Defender
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's regarding representation
9/28/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

This is attorney Bill assisting you today.

What is your question today ?

Bill

Brief question regarding representation on my case. I wanted to ask if I could have multiple individual representatives on my case. I am currently only represented by a Public Defender. Can I add an additional representative to my case? If so, are there limitation to when I can make that request? More specifically, I wish to co-represent myself WITH the Public Defender. If this is possible, how would I make that request.

Thanks for your follow up.

Because the current public defender is entered in on the record as your acting attorney, you would need to request his removal and your appointment instead.

You can make the request in open court or ask your attorney to file a notice of withdrawal.

It isn't possible to proceed pro se without dismissing your current attorney.

Such practices of allowing you to represent yourself for part of the trial would be overly destructive to the court process.

Please follow up with me if you need anything more information.

please rate 5*****, 4**** or better before exiting.

This is how I get a credit for my time and assistance to you.

Best

Attorney Bill

If I proceed pro se, would I be allowed to ask for the attorney to sit with me on my case for additional advisement?

Yes, you can request the appointment of advisory counsel to sit with you during trial or for your previous attorney to act as advisory counsel.

Generally your request will be granted if you are proceeding pro se as a corollary to your right to effective representation and the 6th amendment.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer