L. North Carolina. I have asked the Attorney General to help…

Customer Question
Good morning Pearl Wilson...

Good morning Pearl Wilson, my name is G**** *****l.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have asked the Attorney General to help me but the Conn's company seem to ignore them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I purchased a laptop from Conn's on 5/16, returned the item on 8/16 because I could no longer make the payments. Requested the entire contract to be returned to me, Conn's refused to do so. They in turn stated that they auctioned off the laptop and that I was responsible for the balance of $869.95. I have requested a copy of the petition as proof of the auction receipt, but they have refused. They then stated that I have to pay a 15% restocking fee of which I have paid $100 but the company will not show good faith that I am responsible for the $869.95.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your consumer law question today. Your question is primarily contractual.

If you have made a complaint to the consumer complaint's division of the attorney general's office you should wait for a response from their offices.

Was this a hire purchase agreement that you signed to buy the laptop and do you have a copy of the contract for review ?

Your rights the seller's rights are primarily contractual so you will need to review the sales contract.

If the contract was unethical , fraudulent or deceptive it is likely that the attorney general's office will be of assistance with your complaint.

You are entitled to receipts if they are requesting payment from you for a balance due.

This should be made in writing.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you require any more information, have a full contract or need further clarification.

In return remember to rate positively today.

I'm an independent expert and rely on your positive feedback today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS before exiting today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

I had an accident last year in which my car was lost. Therefore, the contract may have been lost in the car, I have repeatedly requested a copy of the contract (times 4) and Conn's has refused to return the contract. There is something in the contract that they do not want me to learn.
I cannot afford to call you at this time.

The call option is given by the website automatically.

You do have a right to the copy of the contract and your complaint to the attorney general's office should address the fact that they never and continue to refuse to give you a copy.

You have a right to a copy of the contract in law.

You can answer their demand for payment with request for the full contract.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer