Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm a mass licensed person that bought a transport plane

I'm a mass licensed person...
I'm a mass licensed person that bought a Washington transport plane online, is it illegal to use out of state dealer or transport plates
In mass
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A temporary dealer plate may be used for up to 20 days after a person purchases a motor vehicle, pending getting the vehicle registered with the RMV. G. L. c. 90, Section 2D. If you legitimately purchased the vehicle in Washington or if you were a Washington dealer transporting the vehicle, then it's legal to use the plate (temporarily). If you are a MA resident who bought the car, then using the plate is not legal.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Ok ,
I got this
A drivers card and business license so now I've been charged with several crimes and there was a accident involving said plate and a car I was transporting

Are you a dealer or in the business of transporting vehicles?

You said you're licensed in MA but the plate is from WA. Where do you live? If you have a business, where does it operate?

The only attorney that could help me is 7500$ I've been up for days he's a local hero and was able to avoid my going to lock up for 90 days
Honestly I just moved to mass I'm not a dealer just a hobbyist,
I'm actually a big national recording artist
But because of that I made he front page and everyone things I'm a millionaire ten times over, I have lost every dime I'm broke I'm desperate but If I don't find a way to pay my attorney I go to jail for 90 days and I lose my current record deal. I've lost my licence I'm alone broke scared , idk what to do I've already been held on day in county. I violated my bail by unowingly driving under a suspended and got charged with a bunch of things
Here's a document from a Florida dealer

I'm very confused. In your other question, you said that someone using that license plate hit you and you're trying to find the insurance company. Now you're saying it's your plate and you were charged with a crime for using it.

Why do you have Florida registration and a WA plate for a MA vehicle? What specific crimes have you been charged with?

Online it advertized being ur own dealer
No I had a vehicle that was being transported from a parking lot to a storage area that was unregistered and the Washington plate was being used to move said vehicle. The driver was also in possession of a drivers card offered by the administrators of the plate. I will I know that the driver lost control and hit a property destroying the car worth $25,000. Since then I cannot get a return phone call from not only the issuer of the plate but I cannot find the company that actually Insura is it
I had more than one place and mostly I was just using them to move my own collector cars that I buy and fix up and restore from location to location is that I rent for for example repair or paying jobs or what not it was completely innocent. I didn't want to register a car that wasn't even ready to drive cosmetically or what not
Never been in trouble 43 and now I have so many charges that I want to throw up and eat a bullet (metaphorically) I literally have lost the ability of paying my bills and I fear the worst,. All I have worked for will be lost to reposes foreclosure or the inability to even get around to make income
I don't know anyone accept the elderly parents I came here to help, and so far I've been conned and lied and cheated by everyone. I have no options I'm on death row

I understand why you wouldn't want to pay to register vehicles you were working to restore, but unfortunately, Massachusetts law says that you have to.

Usually, when there are multiple charges, a person can get some of them dismissed if they are willing to plead guilty to others. It's unlikely that you would be found guilty on every charge unless you take the matter to trail. Taking the matter to trial probably wouldn't benefit you, because this is a strict liability offense - the judge isn't allowed to consider your state of mind.

If you are convicted, you'll be allowed to make payments toward any fines. You could also request community service instead of paying a fine.

Massachusetts does not have the death penalty for any offense. I understand why you're upset, but these are actually very minor crimes.

but I've gotten several subsequently faster than I can clear them up and now I don't know what to do as far as this attorney is concerned he wants $750030500 upfront and I have 48 hours notice not even 24 when he initially said he could get me out of jail and it's all cleared up which he in fact can I was told 3500 then the day that he was supposed to show up he realize there was a lot more cases for the same exact things and he didn't show up to court but then rectified it by making phone calls to his. Inside connected people of the city the following day I was out of jail and the judge didn't rebuild my bill and it was only because of him but there are conditions first of all I have to pay some random people that I have nothing to do with some money that's I don't legally oh them for a fabricated allegation without any opportunity in which to prove myself which now has brought up the tab to $10,500
Today by noon I'm supposed to present $3500 to the attorney and he hasn't even done anything but go to an arraignment and set things up so that most charges would be dropped he then wants another 3500 within a week or two I believe but I'm barely have money in the bank right now to eat. And I can't sell my belongings that fast
I want to try to find a civil lawyer that can maybe help me Sue all of these people or at least have them stand up and take responsibility for something that I was innocent of
I'm here and I only moved here to help my parents which now I can't because I have no ability to drive them I can't get a license and the judge offered me a plea in which I would lose my license for four years and admit guilt to some or most of these crimes probation. This would greatly. Be detrimental in the future I can honestly give you my first and last name and maybe you can suggest an option because I spent my last pennies on this application

If you cannot afford an attorney, call the local public defender's office to see if they can assist you at no cost. You don't have to pay thousands of dollars you don't have on a lawyer. If the lawyer you wanted is overcharging you, you can tell them you changed your mind about hiring them.

Before you can even think about suing anyone, you have to win the criminal case. There's no lawsuit against anyone if you're found guilty. One thing at a time.

I feel like my life is over

I'm sorry you feel that way. There are always options. Start with the public defender's office.

I initially had the local vendor and I was informed by the sergeant please and everyone in the court system hear that the only way that I would be able to get out of this was to hire with a call the hot Rod attorney and local hero who is been practicing here for 25 years and is very close to authorities and the church and in fact his results speak for themselves as what was initially going to be a revocation and 90 day sentence they gave me a more opportunity to not violate the bell and be able to work which is national recording artist performing all over the country band name is***** and I am the founder and singer hugo ferreira if you Google me you will see this probably first

You have a right to call and talk to as many lawyers as you want before deciding who will take your case. You don't have to hire someone just because people say he's the best, ***** *****'s what you want.

Even the public defender said that with him representing a 90% chance that I would be revoked 90 days and loss of licence for four years just for the sheer number of charges I have for the same thing within a period of time which disabled me from clearing up. I have not had a chance to explain myself nor can I even speak to the prosecutor who happens to be arresting detectives nephew. I am in a small town everybody knows everyone news of the celebrity in town sparked need to be a complete target
I don't know what to do because I don't have billet he nor knowledge of the legal system I know is that scared me shitless especially my stay in the prison not the local jail. The judge only serious charges and is completely in the mindset that I'm just some punk who is purposely defying him and the law
Attorney that I speaker has already gone to the arena and all the cases of been consolidated to one date and he got me a leave. Even him if you want me to try it it's going to cost $10,000 and he's like why would I want that when he can get them on the dismissed now, that only happens in compliance with paying him and whatever other bullshit the court orders person I've never met went to the magistrate of forging a business check in order to by car and that I posed as the owner of a local dealer never went to no however the magistrate found enough to be able to charge so those charges on top just make me look
Shyster ConMan stereotyped rockstar asshole truth of the matter is I couldn't for the ops nothing but myself
It's a huge catch 22 if I don't find a way to record you jail for 90 days for four years at least that's what I'm told or I come up with 10 grand
I'm literally in tears as I write this,

You do not want to speak with the prosecutor, because anything you say is evidence against you. A lawyer can speak to them on your behalf. You have a right to a public defender if you cannot afford a lawyer. They can't turn you down because they're not sure they can win - but honestly, no lawyer should ever promise you a win. You have to make a decision whether you'd rather pay for a chance to fight or get a free lawyer who may not be as successful. It's a gamble either way, because paying a hot shot lawyer doesn't mean he can get the outcome you want.

Some lawyers will also take payments, which could help.

I'm sorry you're in such a terrible situation. It's not hopeless. There are always options.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney
What are they? I'm at the verge of losing everything , if I could pay him over six months that's one thing but they think because I've been in Mtv and hay Leno that I'm trump
Not only that but I just want to seek my house and get out of here because I feel so persecuted and bullied by the police the court the attorneys and to put it in perspective before this happened local police officers saw me driving my nice cars that I have collected over the years I was pulled over in one month 27 out of 30 days not told why pulled out of the car searched and charged with complete Lee insane. Things , The first two times most of them were dismissed with the court in aggreeince but now I just look like a habitual
Literally you're the only person so far in this whole mess that is actually heard me out and I've tried several, and now everyone smiles blood in the money and people I've never heard of her coming out of the woodwork attempting to get money out of me through extortion or fabricated but similar or related accusations , if given a fair chance I can explain everything but I don't have time nor chance know the money or family or friends or financial assistance , nothing
I don't have time to sell the two remanding things of worth, and I'm looking at my gold record and platinum plaks ( my prized possessions as what next)

The options are what I've said: request a public defender. Ask the lawyer to accept monthly installments. See if you can find another, cheaper lawyer.

You can also sell your house to pay the lawyer, if that's something you want to do. You'll need to work around a license suspension, but there are still options: ridesharing, public transit, carpooling services, finding a job where you can walk, getting rides from a friend or relative. It's only temporary, and as inconvenient as it can be, I've seen people take 3 buses to get to and from work. It's doable.

None of these are quick enough options , can u please suggest another attorney because I'm not eligible for a public defense

We're unfortunately not allowed to recommend specific attorneys. The MA Bar has a referral service that might help:

https://www.massbar.org/for-the-public/need-a-lawyer

It doesn't come as a surprise to me, I haven't had .
Lucy, Esq., Attorney