I filed the original decree and he signed the waiver. My…

Customer Question
I filed the original...

I filed the original decree and he signed the waiver

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My question is how is the final decree handled do we both need to go to a hearing Dallas tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No we were doing it ourselves

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You would not need him to appear at the hearing if he signed the waive and decree and waiver is on file with court.You would contact court here and ask when the uncontested days are and go then.You need to look for the sign up list when you get there.It is first come , first serve you don't want to be first but not last either.You want to see a couple ahead of you, sit up close.Basically they swear you in and judge asks you if you are the petitioner, when you were married, when you separated, etc. and grants the divorce and thats about it.Get copy fo signed decree for your files.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you good luck here.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.