Can I file a police report about a neighbor keeping a

Customer Question
Can I file a...

Can I file a police report about a neighbor keeping a package delivered by UPS by mistake? I believe they purposefully kept the package because of prior problems with this neighbor. I spoke with the UPS driver today and he said their GPS finally located the package because I filed a report with UPS because they emailed that it was delivered on Sept. 17 at 1:26pm but it was not on my front porch. The driver said there was a new driver and he said he delivered to this neighbor, rang the doorbell today and the neighbor handed it over.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was mistakenly delivered on Sept. 17 to neighbor and I received the package via UPS driver today (after he visited the neighbor and asked for it). I filed a missing package report via telephone with UPS and they said they called shoes.com to file a report and that shoes.com would be contacting me after their investigation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The previous problem I had with the neighbors: They let their 2 dogs run around our greenbelt and they leave their waste without cleaning it up. It is against the law here in AZ, to not have a leash on and leave waste. I spoke to them verbally first, then filed a report with our HOA (neighbor got a copy) and they still did not pick up the waste. I picked up the waste for them and deposited it on their front porch. They have cameras, came over and asked if that was me and I answered honestly, then they called the police and filed a report - so that is on file with the city.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/27/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately a mistakenly delivered package is not a violation of the law in a criminal sense. Now if the neighbor had refused to return it, then that could be theft by failure to make a required disposition, but since they returned it, there is no violation to go after them about.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Barrister.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much