In Vermont, if a business issues a Money Order that gets…

Customer Question
In Vermont, if a...

In Vermont, if a business issues a Money Order that gets lost in the mail and the purchaser lost the receipt, is the business required to maintain record or the purchase and make it available to the buyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported yes, filed no. The store is uncooperative.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The Money Order was to Vermont DMV, and they have not received. Store will not cooperate to see if it was deposited, or cashed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Vermont

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The issuer of the money order should cooperate and assist with tracking so that if possible this can be rectified. Otherwise a claim for payment could be pursued in court.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.

awaiting your reply, thank you.