In federal VA court when does the statue of limitations

Customer Question
In federal VA court...

In federal VA court when does the statue of limitations began, the day the injured party was hurt ( Malpractice) or the day he looked of the negligence

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Wisconsin,yes, I have a copy of the medical records. The VA knew of my husband's diagnosis for 11 years but failed to tell him. We can prove it. They watch him turn into a cripple never treating him. He now spends time in a chair with permanent spinal cord damage. A XRAY was taken in 2004 that should he had the beginning stages of this disease but he was never told, treated and said he was fine. It was not until Sept. of 2016, after he had brain and spinal cord surgery, at a outside hospital, that he learned the his XRay from 2004 was abnormal. The Va says the Statue of limation has run out! how can this be? He only learned that they sat on his diagnosis last year?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

I tort claim was filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have much to say. The VA lawyer said the statue did not run out because we did not see the Xray until 2016 therefore, it can be used as evidence. However, he is now off the case, and we were just told we do not have a case because the statue has run out. How can that be when we did not know his diagnosis in 2004? how do you file a tort claim when you did not know you had grounds for a claim.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Date of injury or reasonable discovery, whichever is later. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I do not know what you mean, sorry.
How much is this costing me.
Is the attorney going to call me? If so, when??
The statute of limitations runs from date of injury. If injury cannot be discovered immediately then from date of discovery. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer