Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am currently seeking representation to a slander,

defamation, libel case... JA: Because laws...
I am currently seeking representation to a slander, defamation, libel case...
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: MS
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: Suit filed and default judgement because the perpetrator never responded, so nothing done.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no...I don't think so...
9/27/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Ok, I had at least 3 perpetrators get access to private, personal, professional pictures taken by a professional photographer. They sent the pictures around between one another, and others outside of the "ring". They eventually posted them on a website "ADULTFRIENDFINDER.COM", and portrayed me as a "prostitute". I filed a civil suit. Due to not being able to get a job, reputation ruined to the point I still so not like leaving home, I changed my hair color, among other things. After this all took place I lost my job as an RN, I have been diagnosed with PTSD, ADD, and panic/anxiety disorder. I also have depression which was a prior diagnosis, but I had to have my medication increased to three times the amount I was taking. It has nearly ruined my marriage, I have applied for 45 jobs with out a single call, email, etc.
The suit is now in "default", because the first suit filed (other two were not filed yet per attorney's suggestion) the perpetrator never responded, nor did an attorney representing her.
Now I have this "default" judgement, no compensation, nothing! I have been awarded nothing, and nothing done to this perpetrator as of yet despite her being "default".
The other two perpetrators never got anything filed against them following my lawyer's advice, so the statues in MS ran out on them. I want to know what I need to do next? I was at one time suicidal over this.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. What you may need to do at this point is to file a judgement lien. to file a judgement lien, it means that you are basically asking the court to place a lien on the personal and real property of the defendant. For example, you could place a lien on their home so if they sell their home, you would be paid out. Also, you could request that wages are garnished as well from the court. Is this something that you have considered?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
I was not aware that I could do that.
Do I need a lawyer to place the lien in court?
Phone call session started

Let me call you in about 45 minutes and we can chat about it in detail.

Ok, great! Thanks so much!
Legal Eagle, Lawyer