Month-to-Month lease with son-in-law. Threaten his mom and…

Customer Question
Virginia - Month-to-Month lease...

Virginia - Month-to-Month lease with son-in-law. Threaten his mom and she was in fear. Can I immediately get him evicted from property

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She did not call the cops, but I have everything from him on a voicemail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He barged into our house demanding the keys to her vehicle and threaten to shot her dogs and when he left he put is foot in the door so she couldnt close it still threatening her She gave the keys due to she was in fear

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Normally need to follow procedure and issue 30 day notice and then evict in court.

In emergencies such as these, consider a police restraining order which would have the effect of requiring him to relocate.

another option is to negotiate a settlement, paying some amount for moving costs and convincing him to leave to avoid such escalations in court which would make it hard for him to find a place.

If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!