A neighbor is claiming my cat attacked her and i need help…

Customer Question
A neighbor is claiming...

A neighbor is claiming my cat attacked her and i need help to resolve this. She is planning to take us to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Natick, Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She has called the police and animal control officer. We have not received any legal documentation, except a police officer and animal control has visited our home. Also husband and daughter of the women has come to our home

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

has the neighbor produced any evidence cat caused this, injuries, medical bills?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
She sent pictures of scratches on her arm and said she went to the doctors. She did not give proof of Dr. visit.
To prevail she has to prove your pet caused it. Even if can prove scratches would be minimal expense. You can seek the settle or dispute out of court. Neighbor may not pursue in court given no serious injury. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!