I changed my auto insurance and by mistake cancel the

Customer Question
I changed my auto...

I changed my auto insurance and by mistake cancel the insurance 3 days too soon. I got a letter from pendott asking us to stated that we didn't operate the car during those 3 months or lost of license for 3 months. PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley

what is the status right now?

no status at all we just got the letter yesterday
talking on here is fine

can you send a copy of the letter so I can look at it?

see attachment

did anything happen during the 3 days of lapse?

no
actually might not even drove the call at all. Just not 100% sure and idk how deep they look like, ezpass ETC.

here is the MV-221

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/DVSPubsForms/BMV/BMV%20Forms/mv-221.pdf

they do not look deep at all, they just want something on file

they could only look at ezpass with a subpoena which they are too busy to do

this is what you are signing

(b) Statements “under penalty”.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the third degree if he makes a written false statement which he does not believe to be true, on or pursuant to a form bearing notice, authorized by law, to the effect that false statements made therein are punishable.

if you do not think you drove then go ahead and sign and return so that you do not lose the ability ti drive the car for 3 months

you do not need to be 100% sure and they do not look into it

as you can see you were sent a generated letter which took them 3 months to figure out I would not worry

if you have an insurance agent who did this for you they may be able to help you reinstate coverage for 3 days as well

if you were a relative of mine I would tell you to sign since it is your belief that the car was not driven

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer